This will be the second leg of our EPIC adventure around the world. The following is what we have so far and is subject to change over the course of our time left at home.
This leg of our journey is to start around the end of April or early May. The blue will for sure happen at some point along the way but the red will be tentative depending on funding and safety precautions.
- We will fly into Cairo, Eygpt
- We will explore the pyramids and the bus down to visit the ruins in Luxor.
- We may bus to Israel and Jordan to explore the area as well.
- From Cairo we will fly into Mekele, Ethiopia
- Here we will trek through the most inhospitable land in the world at Dallol and Erta Ale found in the Danakil Depression.
- We will then travel to the Simien Mountains in Ethiopia to track the baboon troops that reside there.
- Next we will travel to the Uganda/Kenya border where we will climb Mount Elgon and visit Kitum cave.
- Also in Uganda we will trek in the Mountains of the Moon which is the legendary mountain range at the source of the Nile River.
- We will then travel to Tanzania.
- Here we will attempt to summit Kilimanjaro, take a safari into the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti.
- We hope to ride a hot air balloon over the Serengeti.
- We will finally stop for a rest in Zanzibar.
- After a little recovery time, we will make our way to the Zimbabwe/Zambia border to take in the beautiful sights of Victoria Falls.
- We will travel to Namibia.
- Here we will travel the parks on the coast.
- Finally we will will bus to Cape Town, South Africa.
- From here we will work our way down the coast stopping at sights and towns along the way.
- Lastly, we will fly to Mauritius which is an island off the East coast of Madagascar.
- Depending on time, money, and safety, we may try to travel to Socatara which is an island off of Yemen.